Upgrading of the Mezotur-Gyoma rail line
In partnership with two local companies, Italferr provided the Hungarian State Railways (MAV) with technical support in developing the detailed design (including the relevant official documentation) for upgrading the Mezotur-Gyoma rail line, about 18 km long and part of Corridor IV (Dresden/Nuremberg-Prague-Vienna-Budapest/Bucharest-Konstanz/Sofia-Istanbul).
The project is part of a wider development and structural adaptation programme to upgrade the Hungarian railway network to European standards. 54% of the funding came from European ISPA (Instrument for Structural Policies for Pre-accession) financing, while the remaining 46% was provided by Hungarian funds.
Activities were completed in 2006.