Environmental communication plays a decisive and strategic role in the process of authorisation and acceptance of the work by the territory. In order to provide a complete and transparent picture of the activities carried out in the environmental field, to ensure effective management of monitoring data and rapid consultation of available information in relation to specific works, Italferr develops and implements technical databases, websites and operational portals for "Integrated Environmental Governance." In particular, the SIGMAP database "Information System for the Geographical Monitoring of the Environment and Projects," recognised by MiTE and by environmental data management bodies nationwide, guarantees:
· collection, consultation, processing and validation of environmental monitoring data
· visualisation, processing and querying of cartographic/spatial data realised through Map Guide with typical GIS features
· thematisation of archived data
· processing of ad hoc specialised reports
· archiving of project reports and plans.